Using Google Assistant voice control makes things easier to do with Android Auto
This is a major deal because using voice control with Google Assistant usually allows you to set destinations, start a phone call, control music, and more. The Android Auto user, who drives a Mazda 6 with MZD Connect infotainment system, says that he tried the following fixes:
- Restart of mobile and car infotainment system
- Deleted cache and data for Android app
- Set infotainment to factory settings
- Tried older version of AA: 10.8.1343
- Installed Android Auto 11.3.1405 beta
However, nothing worked.
- Android OS version:
- Type of connection (wire or wireless):
- Google Play services version: (Settings > Apps (or Apps & notifications > App info) > Google Play services)
It looks like Google is probably going to have to send out a new Android Auto update and one could be disseminated within days. So if you use Android Auto, be on the lookout for this update. Also, check in with us often; as soon as we hear that the update is available, we will update this story and pass the information along to you.
Source: Phone Arena